Rules for Writers Chapter 3-Revisions
It is time to review the draft from the audiences view. How can the draft read better? This could be global revisions which might involve cutting up your essay. Sentences or paragraphs could be added, deleted or moved around.
Here are questions to ask when revising.
· Is the writing appropriate for my audience?
· Is the main topic clear?
· Do topic sentences of each paragraph reach the goal? Do sentences flow?
· Do paragraphs logically develop and look into the main thesis?
· Does the essay meet the thesis goal?
· Is the writing to wordy?
After these questions are answered then it is time to look closely at sentences, correct grammar and punctuation. Proofreading should be done slow and several times for overall completeness and accuracy of the final draft. Ask someone else to read and get their input.
I plan to use this information in my own writing by asking other people to read and critique. Do my sentences and paragraphs flow nicely? Does the information I have written support my thesis? I know from personal experience that if I set aside my writing and come back to it a few times my outcome is much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment