Sunday, September 19, 2010

Writing Topic Summary for Chapter 2

Topic Summary for Chapter 2, Drafting
What is the drafting process of an essay?  The drafting process will include the main point, body, and conclusion. The first draft is a continuous action of discovery.  Start with a freewrite, outline, notes, and gathered information to further identify evidence supporting your thesis. There will be more than one attempt at a draft to refine the structure, argument and use of evidence.  Keep focused on the main point and start to develop the writing.  While writing the first draft, don’t worry too much about spelling or sentence structure.  The paragraphs should flow smoothly and provide transitions.
The draft will start with the introductory paragraph that presents the thesis. A draft introduction will provide an initial anchor for the rest of the piece, even if later it is modified.  Put your ideas into sentences for the body of the essay. There should be data to support your thesis.   Summarize your essay in a concluding paragraph at the end. The conclusion repeats the thesis and closes the essay.
I have used a drafting process in my own writings.  I always draft, draft and redraft my writing.   I always think my writings can be better.  What I did learn in this chapter is a writer should collect data and information before sitting down to write.  I have always started writing without the information I needed and this is a very difficult process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment